Most people know about Cullinan where the biggest diamond ever was found. The second largest gem from this diamond is known as the Lesser Star of Africa and is part of the British Crown Jewels. Today, the little village is a weekend escape for people wanting to take a trip down memory lane and visit the fascinating historic stone and corrugated iron mine-workers homes in Oak Avenue, many of which are now trendy restaurants while others sell interesting bric ‘n brac.
Cullinan lies about 30 kilometres east of Pretoria, and because the village often hosts festivals and events, people take a steam train and head to the village for the weekend. The are heaps of outdoor activities, restaurants and lodges in the area, among which is Cullinan Diamond Lodge; well known for hosting special events like weddings and other celebrations as well as being a sought after conference venue. This wheelchair friendly 4 star guest house accommodation is also serviced daily to ensure you enjoy complete relaxation.
Whats on Offer:
- 28 luxurious and spacious en-suite rooms
- 2 suites with twin showers and jacuzzi
- tea and coffee making facilities
- air conditioners in some rooms
- restaurant – delicious home-cooked cuisine
- laundry services
- transport to and from the airport can be arranged
- conference venue for 100 delegates – secure parking
2 Hotel Street
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.
Tel: +27(0)12 7342255