It is the very fact the the iSimangaliso Wetland park World Heritage Site is such a spectacular part of South Africa and that it is sadly one of the few natural wonders remaining has meant it is a highly sought after getaway destination. Where else do you get beaches, wetlands and game reserve all in one area? Getting back to nature is what the 4 star Makakatana Bay Lodge in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park World Heritage Site is all about as well as simply having the time of your life.
You will be enthralled with the exciting game drives where you will get the chance to see elephant, hyena, leopard, buffalo, rhino and much more. The boat safaris on the Lake St Lucia Estuary are also exhilarating. You won’t go hungry either, and after a good breakfast at Makakatana Bay Lodge, after a wonderful picnic lunch and some exploring the western shores reserve, you had back to the lodge toward late afternoon. Ater a full day your comfy and luxurious rooms invite you to simply relax and re-energize.
Whats on Offer:
- the only privately owned safari lodge
- the lodge is found on the banks of Lake St Lucia
- bright and spacious air conditioned suites with exquisite bathrooms
- the units are often visited by different animals – bush babies, nyala, warthog
- there is also an exquisite honeymoon suite
- morning and late afternoon game drives
- boat safaris
- game viewing decks
- outdoor shower
- bar fridges
- tea and coffee making facilities
- swimming pool
- private dining on request
- wine cellar
iSimanagaliso Wetland Park
Lake St Lucia
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.
Tel: +27 (0)35 550 4189
Fax:+27 (0)86 523 9493