When people who have never been to the Drakensberg before, want to know what the drawcard is, there is just too much to tell them. Breathtakingly beautiful, the only way to understand the allure of the mountains is to do whatever it takes to get there. Make sure you have your camera ready, because you will be continuously in the presence of beauty; and bird lovers will be blown away by the vultures, eagles and other raptors which soar over the berg.
For history lovers, the wealth of Bushman paintings in the caves will take one back to an illustrious past, and there are always tours being organised to take visitors on exciting hikes and walks. Amid this beauty is Far Hills Guesthouse, where everything you need as far as comfort is concerned has been laid on. With lots of spacious rooms and bathrooms, nobody on a trip to the Drakensberg needs to be left out.
Whats on Offer at Far Hills Guesthouse:
- self catering accommodation
- five spacious double bedrooms with four bathrooms in the main house
- private cottage with two spacious bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom
- big fully equipped kitchen
- if you don’t want to cook, Valley Bakery is just a short walk from the house – breakfasts and lunches are served
- verandah with fantastic mountain views
- large garden
- there is a fabulous picnic- and swimming spot 300m from the house along the river
- there are mountain bike rides through the mountains by special request or you can ride through the farm
- within the area are a host of thrilling outdoor activities – horse riding, golf, ziplining, scootours, river rafting, falcon shows, canopy tours, battlefield tours etc
Tel: +27 (0)36 468 1257
Tel: +27 (0)83 639 0783
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.