Some 64km west from Potgietersrus you will find Mabote River Camp which is run by the Peens family. The camp is a nature lover’s paradise with rivers and valleys and the magnificent Waterberg Mountains. Just two and a half hours drive from Pretoria, this is sought after Limpopo self catering accommodation for people who want to relax in natural surroundings. The Main Camp at Mabote River Camp can comfortably accommodate twelve guests in its three huts. The camp site is perfect for larger groups, but it can be booked for small families as well. The best part is that that your 4-legged family member can join you on this getaway.
- The camp has two fully equipped kitchens with gas burners and refrigerators
- Beds are made each day and dishes washed
- Each hut has its own boma – firewood is provided
- There is a deck with an exquisite view of the river
- Clean and comfortable ablution facilities – two hot water showers and three modern flush toilets
Their Koko Chalet for instance provides room for six guests. Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, hot water showers, basins and flush toilets. There is a fully equipped kitchen as well as a gorgeous fire place. Koko Chalet also has its own boma as well as a large open deck with a lovely view of the river. Kok Chalet is marvellously rustic, and has battery operated lights.
Things to Do:
- Walking trails to waterfalls
- Angling and canoeing – canoes and life-jackets are provided
- Bird watching
- 4×4 route
- Pets are welcome