It isn’t difficult to understand why Herman Charles Bosman only spent such a short while in this wonderful area yet he found all the inspiration he needed to write all his renowned legendary short stories. Some of the gems in this mysterious and intriguing region are The Eye or Die Oog , known for its crystal clear water and the amazing, artistic people who make fascinating stuff and have plenty of stories to tell as well.
Many people are envious of the simple lifestyle of many of the town’s inhabitants and the closest they can get to experiencing this amazing lifestyle is to book into one of the self catering establishments such as the Riverstill Guest Farm which lies some 6 kilometres away from Groot Marico. The self catering cottages are beautifully situated next to the Groot Marico river where visitors can enjoy privacy, peace and complete relaxation.
Whats on Offer at Riverstill Guest Farm:
- four rustic self-catering cottages – lovely old stone and mud brick cottages in keeping with the rustic atmosphere of Groot Marico – take your pick from Caspir’s Kaya Cottage, Davids’s Cottage which is perfect for two people and which has a reed ceiling, or try Stroh House or River Cottage.
- cottages have showers
- River Still co-hosts the Herman Charles Bosman Festival each year
- there is an organic herb garden and you can add some to your salads
- braai facilities – bring your own firewood with
- enjoy a refreshing dip in the clean and unpolluted waters of the Groot Marico River
Tel: 083 272 2958 or 014 503 0085, or 014 503 1059
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.