Imagine the excitement of staying over in an Oxwagon. Well Oxwagon Lodge, just a stone’s throw away from Pretoria and Johannesburg, is where you can make this happen. Unlike the rough ox wagons that the Voortrekkers had to contend with decades ago, these ox wagons have been beautifully restored. And there is so much to see and do in this part of the world too, and making the Oxwagon Lodge your choice of accommodation will delight you.
Unlike the Voortrekkers having to draw water in the rivers they crossed, these Oxwagons have lovely hot water and electricity ready for your comfort and convenience. Many people choose to use these unusual facilities for a wedding- or conference venue.
What’s on Offer at Oxwagon Lodge:
- 6 original restored Oxwagons – some sleep 1 or 2 while others sleep 6
- the main bedroom is inside the Oxwagon. It has a double bed
- each of the ox wagons have a ‘Hartbeeshuisie’ chalet. You’ll find a second bedroom plus a private bathroom
- free wifi
- there is also a converted double-decker bus with bunk beds for bigger groups
- breakfast and dinner is available as well as picnic hampers
- conference- and wedding venue
- swimming pool
The Oxwagon Lodge
On the route R511
North West Province
Tel: +27 78 075 0720