Middelburg is a town in the Eastern Cape and Steynsburg is another small town surrounded by mountains and well situated in sheep farming territory. Steynsburg is a vibrant Karoo town and its not surprising that many properties are being snapped up by people who want to own property in the Karoo and enjoy all the benefits of country living.
Between Middelburg and Steynsburg is Hillston Farm, a wonderful place to experience true Karoo hospitality from salt-of-the-earth people. This is a place where you can experience all the peace and quiet you long for and the glorious views on this Karoo farm will have you longing to return to to experience the tranquility of the farm.
It is not surprising that all that this wonderful South African farm offers, gets it a ‘Highly Recommended’ ranking from AA Travel. Your accommodation on the farm is an ironstone cottage built in the late 1800s or you can opt for the lovely country house. Guests love the meals in the dining room of the farmhouse or outside in the petty garden. Some guests prefer to do their own cooking and there is a fully equipped kitchen for this purpose or guests can braai in the lapa.
Whats on Offer at Hillston Farm:
- AA Highly Recommended Karoo Farm accommodation
- quaint ironstone cottage or country house
- beautiful furnishings
- the cottage:
- has 3 bedrooms, bathroom with bar and shower and separate toilet
- luxuries such as electric blankets, beautiful bath towels, woolen duvets
- open plan fully equipped kitchen, dining room and lounge with under-floor heating
- breakfast, brunch, lunch, high tea and picnic baskets can be provided by the chef
- private veranda
- the country house:
- 4 bedrooms, beautiful farmhouse kitchen
- swimming pool
- braai facilities – first bag of wood is provided
- wedding venue
- conference venue
- special events venue
- the farm also offers hands-on Karoo cooking classes or demonstrations from a Cordon Bleu chef
- lots of exciting outdoor activities to enjoy – there is also a dam with a jetty and paddle boat, fantastic bird watching opportunities, farm activites and animals, hikes, walks, rock pools, cycling routes
- laundry services
- guided tours
Tel/Fax: +27 49 842 1627
Cell: 082 322 4403
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.