More and more people are discovering the magic and beauty of South Africa’s Wild Coast. Just 45 minutes drive North of Coffee Bay, the exquisite beauty of the Transkei will enthrall you and Mdumbi Backpackers is a sought after destination for anyone who wants to experience a rural lifestyle in this magnificent beauty. Mdumbi Backpackers and lodge is wonderfully located on the Wild Coast of South Africa’s Eastern Cape, the cultural homeland of the Xhosa speaking people.
Its your chance to come and experience the ancient traditions and cultures of the Xhosa people. You can even taste some delicious meals made in a clay oven; some of the vegetables being grown in the fields in this area. You will also get to know some of the domestic animals which enhance the atmosphere of this place.
Mdumbi Backpackers is a community driven incentive who are always looking at ways to benefit the community and to work in harmony with nature.
Whats on Offer:
- simple, spacious and comfy accommodation
- accommodation is traditional style Xhosa huts
- there are also camping sites with ablution block
- delicious meals at the unique Mdumbi Cafe
- well equipped communal kitchen. For those who don’t want to cook,there is a basic food menu available and each evening Mdumbi Backpackers offers a dinner menu. There are always the usual sweets, colddrinks and crisps for sale in the Mdumbi Cafe as well.
- hot water showers, flushing toilets
Tel: 083 461 1834
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.