The lovely peaceful town of Maclear lies in the valley of the Mooi River in a beautiful mountainous area; some 19km north of Ugie. Maclear is a prosperous farming centre and cattle farms as well as maize and wheat farms do well here. This part of the Eastern Cape is a nature lovers paradise because of the wonderful bird life and the area is also well known for its many exciting outdoor activities. The spectacular Naude’s Nek pass is the highest mountain pass in South Africa and well worth a visit. The cold mountain streams and rivers in and around Maclear also make it a popular fly fishing destination.
Woodcliffe is a 1000 ha cattle farm situated about 22km outside of Maclear and the sheer beauty of the mountains and valleys are guaranteed to leave guests feeling utterly relaxed. There are so many people who long to escape city life and stay on a true South African farm, and Woodcliffe Country Manor is certainly the place for a remarkable farm getaway.
Whats on Offer:
- comfortable accommodation – farmhouse, garden flat and cottage
- Woodcliffe is self catering but breakfasts and dinners can be arranged on request
- the farmhouse has 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- the garden flat is en suite with a kitchenette
- the cottage has three bedrooms with one bathroom
- the farmhouse and cottage have fully equipped kitchens, electricity, hot water, a stove, fridge
- linen and bath towels are supplied
- braai grids are available
- Woodcliffe is situated on the headwaters of the Little Pot River – fantastic trout fishing opportunities
- guided flower walks
- hikes up to 5 days long as well as easy walks
- example of San paintings in the mountains of Woodcliffe and some San artifacts on display in the farmhouse
Tel: +27(0) 45 932 1550
Cell:+27(0) 82 925 1030
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.