The Karoo is a wonderful place and when you’re driving through, the sheep, round cement dams and windmills take one back to a more peaceful time – a time that seems to be quickly disappearing.
Take advantage now of the awesomeness of these wonderful Karoo towns such as Colesberg, a true top merino sheep-farming area, although this region is also known for its many beautiful horse stud farms.
Theres a whole lot of history in the town which is surrounded by those typical Karoo hills. When you’re in this area, if you’re heading down to Cape Town, make a stop over at Orange Valley Guest Farm and you’re sure to want to stay longer.
Apart from the close proximity of the Gariep Dam, there are a host of fun activities to take part in on the farm such as walking, hikes, horse riding, mountain bike trails (bring own bike), swimming, fishing and game drives.
Whats on Offer at Orange Valley Farm:
- Five suites all with their own shower and bath rooms.
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Comfort all the way – heaters and ceiling fans
- Dining room serves splendid breakfasts and dinners
- Business services – photo copying, fax, Internet facilities
- laundry services
- pets permitted by arrangement
- swimming pool and garden
- boma with braai facilities – salads and braai packs available on request
- communal DSTV
- childrens playground
Tel: 082 595 7188
Orange Valley (R58)