The area of Darling is surely another gem in the Western Cape crown. This remarkable region is all about fruit farms, wheat fields, butter making, vineyards and flowers and it is just 75km from Cape Town. This area is traditionally known for its exquisite wild flowers, but for city weary Cape Townians, it is the perfect country weekend getaway destination.
There is so much to see and do in the town of Darling and beyond and the Burgherspost Wine Estate, beautifully situated below the Dassenberg Granite Hill, attracts many visitors who want to experience true South African farm life. Burgherspost was also one of the first wine estates to be given Champion status under the Biodiversity and Wine Initiative. Their goal is to prevent the loss of threatened natural habitat, and to contribute to sustainable wine production. Burgherspost together with the next door farm, Cloof WineEstate, produces top quality grapes for the wine market.
Whats on Offer at Burgherspost Wine Estate:
- 2 luxury self-catering cottages – spectacular views
- cottages have en-suite bathrooms
- fully equipped kitchens
- braai facilities with complimentary wood
- wifi Internet access
- the cottages are air conditioned
- You’ll love the game drives on the 1200 ha of fynbos and nature reserve
- wine tasting at Cloof Cellars – you’ll get some wine to enjoy while staying on the farm too
- wonderful walking trails
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.
Tel: 022 492 2830