People come to Bonnievale and surrounds to escape the frenzy of city life and to restore their equilibrium. They come to breathe in the fresh air, take in the wide open spaces and escape the throng of too many people living close together in the city. At Peet se Plek you get the chance to breathe in fresh country air and feel the tranquility wash over you.
The self catering accommodation is situated on a working fruit and wine farm; about 7km outside Bonnievale in the Western Cape. The beautiful self catering cottages live up to everyone’s expectations for comfort, warmth, cleanliness and relaxation. The beauty of these cottages is that they blend in well with the countryside; nothing flashy, just salt-of-the-earth comfort; everything you need so that you’ll want to come back.
- two self-catering cottages – Peet se Plek and Ou Waenhuis
- Peet se Plek is a quaint rustic cottage on the river
- both cottages are beautifully situated under a canopy of shady oak tree close to the river
- Peet se Plek Cottage has 3 bedrooms
- Ou Waenhuis is a Cape-style cottage overlooking the vineyards – 3 bedrooms and a loft – suits 10 people
- outdoor sitting areas with table and chairs
- braai facilities
- there is a canoe for each of the cottages; great for fun on the water. Cycling, fishing, birdwatching are all lovely outdoor activities to participate in. There are also farm tours including pomegranate juice tastings and fruit picking in season. There are a host of other activities in the area to enjoy such as horse riding and lots of festivals too; depending on the time you visit such as Wacky Wine Weekend, the Breede River Challenge and the McGregor Harvest Festival among others.
Tel: 072 457 9820
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.