Penny Farthing is a lovely country house which is situated in the Biggarsberg mountain range and is a magnificent 3 000 ha game and cattle farm which is in the renowned KwaZulu-Natal battlefields area and also close to Rorke’s Drift. Those who love history will be delighted to know that the Penny Farthing country house has actually been built on the original foundations of the colonial home of the Vermaak family in 1847. How peaceful it is just to sit in the garden with the fish pond and take in the chirpings of the birds and enjoy the views.
Those with a passion for history will be enthralled with the chance to do a tour of the battlefields. It promises to be absolutely enthralling for guests to listen to stories retold of battles between the Zulus and Voortrekkers. The beauty about Penny Farthing is that it is also wheelchair friendly.
Whats on Offer:
- award winning 3 star country house accommodation
- antique furniture in keeping with the atmosphere
- bedrooms have French doors leading out to the garden
- lounge with fireplace and bar as well as DSTV
- TV with MNet in rooms
- desk in rooms
- complimentary toiletries
- electric blankets for chilly nights as well as heaters
- tea and coffee making facilities
- all meals are available
- en-suite bedrooms
- beautiful gardens
- ceiling fans
- swimming pool
- 2 hiking trails
Tel & Fax: (+27) 34-6421925
Cell: 082 259 6006
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.