There are many people who just can’t get enough of the beauty and stillness of the Karoo and more so intrigue of the Karoo farms. Being able to stay on a South African farm, especially one that dates back to the 1840s is a sure treat, and Weltevreden Guestfarm, a working sheep farm, is just 12.6km from Nieu Bethesda is highly sought after. People with children love coming to the farm because many times the children have never experienced life on a farm, and at Weltevreden Farm they can explore to their heart’s content, feed the ducks and lambs, ride a donkey cart, swim, walk in the veld and much more. Those who want should also bring their mountain bikes.
This exquisite farm is found in the Sneeuberg mountains, the heart of the Karoo and you can take your pick from different comfortable farm accommodation offered to you by excellent hosts; the Sheards who offer you the chance to experience nature at its best.
Whats on Offer:
- 2 beautiful self-catering units with private bathrooms
- there is also a guest wing in the 150 year old homestead
- braai facilities
- DSTV in communal area
- tea and coffee making facilities
- linen and towels provided
- close to Helen Martins’ Owl House
- 56 km’s from Graaff Reinet
- Karoo lamb from the farm can be purchased when you leave
- pets allowed
- tennis court
- laundry facilities
Nieu Bethesda/Graaff-Reinet area
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.
Tel: 049 8411400
Tel: 071 414 9185