Because the Okiep Country Hotel lies on two major national highways, the town in the Northern Cape province is used by many people as a stopover or holiday base for travellers, offering country hospitality to all its visitors. In springtime, Okiep as well as Namaquland is a riot of colour with the blossoming of wild flowers, and after travelling long distances, the Okiep Country Hotel is like a beacon of light as it invites visitors to drop in and experience warm and welcoming Namaqualand hospitality.
The town has a history to it and decades ago ancient steam engines used to transport buckets of copper ore over the mountain and into Okiep. The town had the world’s richest copper mine until production came to an end in 1928. Apart from exploring the town, for outdoor lovers there are mountain bike trails and walking trails.
Whats on Offer:
- country hotel accommodation
- single, double, twin and family rooms
- en-suite bedrooms
- rooms are air conditioned
- cozy lounge with fireplace with pool table and TV
- satellite TV
- tea and coffee making facilities
- excellent country cooking and á la carte restaurant
- braai facilities
- licensed bar
- swimming pool
- conference venue
- enquire about the fantastic sundowner tour – so many places of interest to visit
Cell: + 27 (0)82 569 7158
Tel: + 27 (0)27 744-1000
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.