Sutherland in the Northern Cape lies in the western Roggeveld Mountains in the Karoo. The area is well known for extreme temperatures, but even during the snowy Winters you can count on the warm Karoo hospitality; part of which makes Sutherland such a great getaway destination with lots of outdoor activities.
Many people are buying property in the area just because of its wonderful tranquility where you can still come across true salt of the earth people.
The clarity of Sutherland’s cloudless, pollution-free night skies have also made it a prime star-gazing destination and it boasts the biggest single optical telescope in the Southern Hemisphere. Visitors come to Sutherland with their own telescopes and set them up at the nearby visitors’ centre, and star gazers and lovers of the Karoo are wanting comfortable and welcoming accommodation while they enjoy time in this wonderful area. Blesfontein Guest Farm is situated 28 km from Sutherland and it is here that you will be able to experience true Karoo farm hospitality. In the Spring the farm turns into a lovely floral paradise.
Whats on offer at Blesfontein Guest Farm:
- 9 fully equipped rustic self catering units – stone built stables converted into accommodation units
- super place for weddings. They work with you to plan the wedding of your dreams. Their caterers will work with you to choose a splendid feast for your special day.
- honeymoon cow shed
- units come with inside- and outside fireplaces
- fully equipped kitchens
- breakfasts and dinner served on prior arrangement
- guests can do stargazing in the small observatory
- 4×4 drives for fantastic views of the escarpment – wonderful creatures – great and small – to be seen such as zebra, wildebeest, meerkats, birds and others
- wonderful farm activities for children – bottle feed lambs, feed horses, chickens, geese and pigs, collect eggs, swim in the farm dam or ride bikes
- pony rides for children and horse riding for adults
- TV, board games, table tennis
Tel: +27 23 571 2631
Cell: 083 633 4913
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.