Most people associate Sutherland with icy Winters and crystal clear skies; ideal for star-gazing. Situated in the Roggeveld Mountain area of the Karoo, this town may well be renowned because of its Astronomical Observatory, but it where visitors get a taste of true Karoo hospitality.
Sutherland is full of true traditional Karoo homes, and these have been turned into guest houses, self-catering homes and B&Bs to cater for the visitors who love escaping the rat race.
One of the sought-after Karoo homes for accommodation is the quaint Catherine’s Cottage. This is the perfect little place to stay while you are in Sutherland, and if you arrive in Winter, you will be delighted with the warm home-made bread and the warm, cozy interior of the cottage.
What’s on Offer at Catherine’s Cottage:
- a gorgeous self-catering cottage – perfect for 4 guests
- 2 bedrooms – comfy beds with warm brushed cotton and duck down duvets in Winter and cool, Egyptian cotton linen in Summer
- bathroom comes equipped with towels
- safe parking
- tea and coffee making facilities
- fully equipped kitchen
- the sunroom has an indoor braai facility
- TV – TOP TV Dish channels
- wood provided for the first night of arrival – wood is available at R20 a bag
1 Northumberland Street
For more info and bookings click right here
Tel: +27 (0)79 681 2593