The Karoo is a wonderful place and when you’re driving through, the sheep, round cement dams and windmills take one back to a more peaceful time – a time that seems to be quickly disappearing. Take advantage now of the awesomeness of these wonderful Karoo towns such as Colesberg, a true top merino sheep-farming area, although this region is also known for its many beautiful horse stud farms.
Theres a whole lot of history in the town which is surrounded by those typical Karoo hills. When you’re in this area, if you’re heading down to Cape Town, make a stop over at Orange Valley Guest Farm and you’re sure to want to stay longer. Apart from the close proximity of the Gariep Dam, there are fun activities to take part in on the farm such as walking, hikes, horse riding, mountain bike trails (bring own bike), swimming, fishing and game drives.
Whats on Offer at Orange Valley Farm:
- business services – photo copying, fax, Internet facilities
- laundry services
- pets permitted by arrangement
- swimming pool and garden
- tea and coffee making facilities
- boma with braai facilities – salads and braai packs available on request
- communal DSTV
- children’s playground
- conference facilities – whiteboards, DVD player, flipcharts etc – caters for 30 – 40 people
Tel: +27 (0)84 505 6446
Tel: +27 (0)72 653 9328
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.
Orange Valley (R58)