Known as the ostrich capital of world, when you visit Oudtshoorn make sure you take enough spending money to buy some of the beautiful leather products and maybe even some gigantic ostrich eggs. There are many ostrich farms in the area, and these can be both educational and highly entertaining too, offering daily tours to give you some insight into these big birds.
This lovely Klein Karoo Town offers so much to see and do, and De Rust, The Cango Caves, Prince Albert and the exquisite Swartberg Mountains which are part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The tourist hotspots each offer their own unique attractions. During April thousands of people come to Oudtshoorn for the KKNK arts and music show and Die Fonteine Guesthouse is always ready to receive guests for whichever reason they are visiting Oudtshoorn.
Die Fonteine is wonderfully restful for anyone wishing to escape the mad rat race of city life. The peaceful, scenic views are enough to instill a sense of ‘it is well with my soul’. The beautiful, modern rooms will ensure that a total of 12 guests are comfortable and relaxed throughout their entire stay.
Whats on Offer:
- air conditioned rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Victorian bathtubs and walk in showers
- a patio overlooking the Swartberg Mountains and Schoemanshoek Valley
- rooms have own own private entrance
- guest lounge with TV
- bar fridge
- complimentary sherry
- tea and coffee making facilities
- linen and towels are provided
- basic toiletries are provided
- valuables safe
- a freshly prepared breakfast is served daily
- there are two restaurants within 5km from Die Fonteine Guest House
Cell: +27 (0)82 255 5346
Fax: +27 (0) 44 272 8513
For more info and bookings CLICK HERE.