The lovely Makuti Lodge is beautifully situated against the mountains of Hout Bay – the perfect getaway for anyone looking for an idyllic and relaxing retreat where they can recharge from their hectic lifestyles. Hout Bay is situated in a valley near Cape Town, about 20 kilometres south of the centre of Cape Town.
What is particularly striking about Hout Bay is that it is surrounded by mountains except to the south, where there are splendid views of the Atlantic Ocean. In the north, Hout Bay is bordered by Table Mountain National Park. What attracts visitors to Hout Bay is that it also has a sheltered beach and a harbour where the Yacht Club is as well as a number of good restaurants. Makuti Lodge is highly sought after because you can walk from your cottage directly onto the mountain. Hikers and walkers love this as there are a number of walks varying in difficulty right on your doorstep.
Whats on offer at Makuti Lodge:
- 5 self-catering, fully equipped cottages
- each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen
- the cottages are stylishly decorated
- linen and bath towels provided
- cottages have their own private garden area and patio with outdoor furniture
- beautiful swimming pool in tranquil gardens
- braai facilities
- fireplaces in the cottages – firewood is provided
- TV with satellite selection as well as DVD and hifi
- wifi Internet and private telephone
- there is the choice of a full English breakfast in the Summer
4 Farriers Way
Tel: +27 21 7901414